Monday, July 20, 2009

New direction

So, I have been at LSCC for 2 1/2 years now, preaching almost evry Sunday. I have seen some wonderful growth in the people and even myself as we look into the Word together. Some weeks I have covered a ton of material, perhaps too much for the short time we have together.

I am interested in approaching some of my sermons in a more narrative fashion - focusing more on a single thought rather than 3 or 4, and coming at it with more "life experience" and perspective, rather than strict teaching/lecture style. Faith and growth in Jesus is part of our everyday life, and that is what I want to connect with in my sermons.

So bear with me on this journey, and may God lead me on in my own journey. Thanks for being with me on this part.

In His service,
Steve

No comments: