Thursday, November 13, 2008

Too Long

It has been a crazy month, and it has been hard to get back into the routine (which is important to how I work). We had a great month at the church with a lot of different things happenning. On October 5 we had a former pastor of LSCC come and speak for our denomination's 100th anniversary (Rev. Doug Cooney).

On October 19 I was in Ontario helping my parents move so we had Dr Gord Giesbrecht, from Horizon College here in Saskatoon come and speak. His lovely wife Debra played the piano for us and I appreciate greatly their friendship and ministry. Bonnie said Gord brought a message that was quite pertinent for our congregation.

On October 26 we had a missions emphasis, with a DVD that was also quite touching. Bonnie and I were at our district's clergy conference in Banff that weekend.

On November 2 we had Marilee Pierce Dunker, a daughter of Dr Bob Pierce (who founded World Vision and Samaritan's Purse). She did just a super job, and emphasized the Nazarene connection her dad had (he was saved at a Nazarene church).

On November 9 we had a service with the Royal Canadian Legion. There were 50 of them, so they almost outnumbered us 2:1, but after a touching service they invited us for lunch back at the Legion.

So here I am back in the office! My plan is to continue back posting sermons into 2007 while keeping current week to week, so do check back and see what is new.

In the meantime, I continue to peruse a few blogs and make comments. My latest one is here:
http://blog.christianitytoday.com/outofur/archives/2008/11/ted_haggard_bac.html
I should be the 5th or 6th comment down.

No comments: